Today’s tiny project was a way of using a couple of fabric scraps I picked up yesterday at the fabric sale. I’ve fancied a little bit of hand paper piecing for a while now so this was the perfect opportunity. Mum dug out her collection of templates and papers, and I had a good old rummage through my new and existing scrap collections.
I settled for some 1/2 inch hexagons, and decided to make a little pincushion. Despite being a keen patchworker, I didn’t really have a pincushion! My pins end up stuck in anything available to stab, so this little chap will definitely come in handy.
I’m not as pleased with it as I thought I would be, I can’t put my finger on why though. Possibly due to fabric choice. But I’m already covering some more papers for a second attempt….pop back tomorrow to check my progress!